The price we’re willing to pay for beauty can vary a great deal. You can be wiling to pay an arm and a leg for practical beauty tools or stand firm that drugstore brands get the job done. With so many options it isn’t hard to see why people test out the most buzzed about products no matter the price tag. When it comes to buying there are a few rules I follow, but in general if it has solid reviews, contains quality ingredients and applies well, I’m in.
I’ve tried hundreds of products–many that have blown my mind–but today I wanted to feature 5 of those that no matter what, they’re worth the splurge.
1. Rm DNA Renewal DNA Sheer Defense – Wearing SPF on your face should be a no brainer at this point, but it’s rare that we think about that protection as a way to help collagen growth as well. DNA Renewal is part of a circle of products emerging that not only act as a light BB Cream with 50+ SPF, but also works to repair existing sun damage with enzymes and vitamins. You could save your money and stick with a 30 SPF face lotion or you can go big to fight cellular damage, even out your skins tone and texture, and be confident that you’ll have all-day coverage without a high shine, oily finish.
2. La Mer The Lip Balm - La Mer as a brand is no joke. I’ve been using their Creme de la Mer for ages, so it’s not surprising that they’re a celeb and overall cult fave despite the jaw dropping fee. The Lip Balm is no different. Containing the brand’s mystery Miracle Broth the balm goes on sheer while moisturizing and restoring your lips texture. Since the skin on our lips is one of the most sensitive, and easily affected by the elements, it’s important to take great care of them. If you’ve ever used a balm that had your lips thirsting for another application, you know that you can become dependent on a product. With La Mer that won’t happen, but you’ll want to apply it when necessary for a silky smooth, mega hydrated pout. And if you can’t justify using it for only your lips, luckily there are plenty of other uses for lip balm.
3. MAC Cosmetics Penultimate Eye Liner - There are a lot of formulas to use and ways to apply your eyeliner. One that always seems like an easy solution, even for the makeup novice, is a liquid marker-like liner. However most, especially those with more affordable price tags, rarely deliver the color results desired and tend to go on more watery and require more effort than your pencil, cream or typical liquid liner. But when you find the right one, these pen style liners offer precision application and major color payoff. That’s why the MAC Penultimate Liner is a must. Along with the Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Liner, these liners dress up your eyes and go on flawlessly.
4. NCLA Nail Lacquers – It can be hard to justify paying $16 for nail polish, especially when we change our polish as quickly as our minds. But between all the brands on the market and color options available, sometimes there seems to be a lack of new, original hues to polish on. That’s where NCLA kills it and is worth every penny. While there are crazy neon colors (which aren’t true neons btw) from cheaper brands, there just isn’t that same confetti meets summer vibe meets “Oh You Say You Have Nail Wraps too!” like NCLA offers. Their creamy lacquers are made right here in California and are 5-free. And their holographic line…need I say more!
5. AmorePacific Color Control Cushion Compact – Cushion compacts were one of the most buzzed about beauty products last year and for good reason. Just like MAC’s eye liner, you have a lot of options when it comes to foundation application, but what makes the AmorePacific Cushion Compact worth the $60 splurge is that it’s basically 3 beauty products rolled into one. The coverage is unbelievable, the cushion applicator allows you to build your product up for light to heavy coverage days, the cushion also provides a streak-free finish (no brushes required) and it touts SPF 50. What better way to protect your face and get an even complexion?
Is there a beauty product you’re willing to pay a pretty penny for? Let me know below!
Warning: file_get_contents() [function.file-get-contents]: Couldn't resolve host name in /home/miche056/public_html/content/themes/michellephan2014/functions/sharecounts.php on line 22
Warning: file_get_contents(http://urls.api.twitter.com/1/urls/count.json?url=http://michellephan.com/5-beauty-products-that-are-worth-the-splurge/) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: operation failed in /home/miche056/public_html/content/themes/michellephan2014/functions/sharecounts.php on line 22