If you’ve got artsy friends on Instagram you might’ve seen them using the hashtag #The100DayProject over the last few months (or maybe you tried it yourself). It all started with artist/writer Elle Luna and The Great Discontent who teamed up to challenge anyone and everyone to do or make something for 100 days. Participants took to Instagram to share what they’d been doing each day using #The100DayProject. Scrolling through the feed, I came across incredible makers — most who just wanted to try their hand at a hobby or sharpen their skills. While you could do 100 days of anything, there were too many killer illustrators not to share some good ol’ sketches and drawings, along with watercolor and digital art. The challenge has ended, but there are still plenty of creative peeps filling up Instagram with interesting projects. Here are 5 favorites:
1. Jewelry artist Moi Mathieson decided to do 100 days of coloring for adults. The result is a stunning variety of every color imaginable.
2. Inky Diary is a freelance illustrator who used the project to sketch new ideas. I love how everything follows the theme but each one is so different. You can see how they get more daring over time, too.
3. #100DaysofCafCaf is an account dedicated to practicing the art of calligraphy, doodles and painting for 100 days. She started off unsure of where it would go, but each splash of watercolor really is a work of art! Plus, who doesn’t love narwhals?
4. Illustrator Trisha Previte’s product is #100DaysofEndangeredSpecies and her drawings are insanely detailed and realistic. You’re sure to learn about a few species you’ve never heard of before too.
5. Daniel Saludares, a designer and illustrator, joined the challenge with art dedicated to #100DaysofChildhoodCartoons. To practice his digital skills, he created Photoshop renditions characters and icons from his fave cartoons. Recognize any of these places? Head to his Instagram and read the captions for a walk down memory lane.