A couple more weeks and summer will be in full swing! That means months of fantastic weather (hello, floral outfits), time to summer-ize your makeup routine, and a perfect excuse to try new things. I’m constantly pushing myself to explore new skills and try activities I don’t always get to indulge in due to work. They say the only way to succeed is to push yourself beyond your comfort zone, so why not do this in the funnest way possible? Every season put together a bucket list of five things you would love to do over the next few months. Then, plan accordingly and give them a try! Here’s a few ideas I have for the summer that you can try too.
1. Try a new lip color - I tend to be pretty explorative with lip color, but during summer months loads of the bright and bold hues are released that look beautiful against slightly sun-kissed skin. And since lipstick doesn’t clogging your pores or hinder you at the beach, it’s perfect to wear during summer months when you’re attending outdoor events that call for daytime beauty. What better feature to accentuate than your lips when you’re laughing with friends at weddings and backyard barbecues?! Two shades to try that will make your pout pop–a playful pink like em cosmetics Don’t Tell Mom lipstick or a vibrant orange like MAC Lipstick in Morange.
2. Explore a new place – Summer is the perfect time to travel, because you’re likely out of school or visiting with family, and the weather makes everyone a little stir crazy for some fun. This summer plan a trip, either near or far, that’s a place you’ve never visited. This is the ideal opportunity to also participate in a digital detox. Sure I fly a lot, but being spontaneous with a last minute road trip up the coast of California sounds divine. No matter where you live, take a minute to step away and visit the forest, fields, lakes or islands in your area. You won’t regret it.
3. Find the Ultimate Summer Wedge – We all know I love heels, but a stiletto isn’t always appropriate during the summer months. A wedge on the other hand, always appropriate and a feminine and more conservative way to reach for the heavens and pair with your favorite midi skirt. Try to find something with a pop of color or pattern. You can try mixing prints from shorts and skirts down to your shoes. A bold shoe can really go with anything, so nows the time to find one that’s just right.
4. Throw a summer soiree – Playing hostess with the mostess sounds stressful, but planning a gathering in your backyard or a local park is a wonderful way to show off your party planning skills. No need to be extravagant, unless you want it to; all you really need to do is come up with a theme, put together a few accent pieces and food ideas and viola! A backyard gathering with candles trickled throughout and a festive bohemian theme like the one above will transport everyone to another world.
5. Master a gorgeous dessert - It’s nice to have a signature dish, but what about a signature dessert?! If you’re not the Betty Cocker of cake making already, find a dessert you love and try to make the most beautiful creation you’ve ever put together. You’ll impress yourself, your friends, and the only bad part about mastering the art of gorgeous dessert creation…well, it may pain you to bite into your masterpiece. As a fan of green tea, I might have to give this stunning ombre cake a try!
What do you have planned for your summer?
Warning: file_get_contents() [function.file-get-contents]: Couldn't resolve host name in /home/miche056/public_html/content/themes/michellephan2014/functions/sharecounts.php on line 22
Warning: file_get_contents(http://urls.api.twitter.com/1/urls/count.json?url=http://michellephan.com/5-summer-bucket-list-musts/) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: operation failed in /home/miche056/public_html/content/themes/michellephan2014/functions/sharecounts.php on line 22