Have you ever eaten anything really salty and noticed how puffy your skin was the next day? Or how after a sugar binge you tend to break out more? The food that we eat plays a huge role in the health and condition of our skin. Foods that are rich in vitamins and minerals are great for the complexion, while junk food… not so much. Luckily there are a lot of healthy things you can eat that your skin will love! Here are a few of them:
1. Avocados – An avocado mask will replenish your skin and reduce redness, but actually eating them is good for your skin, too; avocados are full of vitamin B3 (aka Niacin), which is great for skin tone and moisture.
2. Mushrooms – Mushrooms are rich in riboflavin, which helps to maintain and repair tissue that has been damaged by burns, wounds, surgery etc.
3. Oysters –Oysters are full of zinc, which helps to boost our skin’s elasticity and can also battle breakouts.
4. Mangos – Mangos are stuffed with vitamin A; an antioxidant that fights free radicals and prevents premature aging by maintaining and repairing cells. Click here for one of my favorite antioxidant skin treatments!
5. Almonds – Similar to mangos, almonds protect against damage and early aging. They also help to moisturize dry skin!
6. Cottage Cheese – Cottage cheese has tons of selenium, which gives your skin a youthful glow. I’ve also read that it can help protect you from skin cancer, so more (cottage) cheese please!
Which is your favorite from this list? Do you know of any others?