When it comes to perfume, deciding on your signature scent is only half of the journey – the second half is actually making it last through the day. We’ve all done the “spray-and-walk-through” method, but is it really the best way to maximize your perfume’s potential? I did a little digging, and this is what I found…
- To ensure other smells don’t distort your perfume’s scent, keep other scented moisturizers and soaps to a minimum. If you plan on wearing perfume, try to use a fragrance-free body wash that day.
- The best time to apply perfume is directly after your shower. Spritz some on your skin after drying off and before putting on your clothes. Your skin will absorb the scent better, and you won’t run the risk of staining your clothes or jewelry.
- If you don’t have enough time to hop in the shower, apply a small amount of unscented lotion before you spray – perfume lasts longer when your skin is hydrated.
- Ever wonder why people put perfume on their wrists and neck? These are your body’s “pulse points” (your inner arms and the backs of your knees and ears are the others). Pulse points emit the most heat, allowing the perfume to diffuse out from the body. However, less is more. You don’t want to over spray, so pick one or two key places and spritz each one once or twice.
- Avoid rubbing your wrists together after applying perfume – the friction and heat increases the interaction between the perfume and skin’s natural oils, which can change the scent.
How do you usually apply perfume? Any tips and tricks you swear by? Let me know in the comments!
Warning: file_get_contents() [function.file-get-contents]: Couldn't resolve host name in /home/miche056/public_html/content/themes/michellephan2014/functions/sharecounts.php on line 22
Warning: file_get_contents(http://urls.api.twitter.com/1/urls/count.json?url=http://michellephan.com/beauty-tips-scents-the-proper-way-to-apply-perfume/) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: operation failed in /home/miche056/public_html/content/themes/michellephan2014/functions/sharecounts.php on line 22