I love experimenting with new beauty looks and right now, I’m loving a red wine lip. Although red wine stained teeth may not make the best statement, red wine stained lips are elegant and have an air of sophistication about them.
The best thing about a red wine lip is that it’s flattering on all complexions. If you have fairer skin (like me), stick with a wine color that is close to a berry shade. And the darker your complexion is, the deeper your wine color can be.
- L’Oreal Colour Riche Balm – Plush Plum
- Bite Beauty Luminous Crème Lipstick – Mulberry
- Hourglass Cosmetics Femme Rouge Velvet Crème Lipstick – Plum Wine
- NARS Lipstick – Scarlet Empress
- Maybelline Color Sensational Lip Color – Deepest Cherry
When going for a bold red wine lip, you’ll want to lock the color in the place. Apply a lip liner to create a barrier that will keep the color from feathering. Choose a liner that matches your natural lip color, rather than one that matches the wine shade, to avoid the look of an outlined lip.
What’s your favorite lip color to wear right now?