If you thought that pumpkins were best left for carving and making pies, think again. Pumpkin can actually work wonders for your skin because it’s rich in enzymes and vitamins. Luckily, this fruit can help all skin-types too! The fruit enzymes help to get rid of dry, flaky skin, Vitamin A hydrates, soothes, and softens it, and Vitamin C reduces damage caused by free radicals. For those of you with oily or acne-prone skin, take note that pumpkin contains torulitine, which consists of Vitamins E and T and fights acne. To reap the beauty benefits, try this DIY pumpkin face mask. You’ll be sporting smooth, soft skin in no time!
- 2 cups of pureed, freshly cooked, or canned pumpkin
- 4 tablespoons of plain yogurt
- 4 tablespoons of honey
- 1/3 cup of ground almonds
- 1/4 teaspoon of olive oil
- Stir 2 cups of the pumpkin.
- Add 4 tablespoons of plain yogurt, 4 tablespoons of honey, 1/3 cup of ground almonds, and ¼ teaspoon of olive oil
- Mix all of the ingredients together, and apply to clean, damp skin
- Leave the mask on for 5-10 minutes. The enzymes in the pumpkin are most active when moist, so you might want to get in the tub (perhaps with some essential oils!) while you pamper your skin.
- Wipe your face clean with a washcloth.
You’ll likely have some of the mixture leftover, so cover it, put it in the fridge, and use the rest within a week.
Do you have any DIY face masks that you make at home? Let me know in the comments section—I’m on the hunt for a new one!
Recipe via SheKnows