Lemongrass is extremely popular in Asia as a cooking ingredient used in some teas, but it also has a lot of benefits for your skin! If you prepare lemongrass in a facial steam/sauna, it will revitalize your skin and leave it feeling super soft.
Saunas are one of the most effective beauty treatments for the skin, because when you sweat in a steam filled room, it cleanses your pores and replaces dead skin cells. It also helps to open up your pores to remove any dirt and excess oils.
But since we can’t all get to the sauna everyday, a facial steam is going to work the same way, and this one is super easy to make at home! This facial steam is perfect for all skin types, but works especially well for normal to oily skin because lemongrass is particularily used as an astringent to regulate skin oils.
What you’ll need:
- 40g fresh or 15g dried Chamomile flowers
- 40 g fresh Lemongrass, finely chopped
- 1 pot boiling water
- 1 large bowl
1. Infuse the herbs in boiling water. Let stand for 30 minutes and strain the mixture.
2. Reheat the infusion and pour it into the large bowl.
3. Drape a towel over your head to keep your hair from getting in your face, and inhale the steam for about 30 seconds (or until you can’t stand the heat anymore). Repeat 2-3 times and finish off with your favorite toner.
Have you tried a facial steam before? What’s your favorite herbal skincare?