A reader named Anastasia recently asked me the following question: “I’m from Singapore which is pretty hot, so how can I keep my eyeliner from smudging? I don’t want to look like a panda!”
Eyeliner that won’t stay put over time–whether we’re talking over the course of the day or just a few short hours–is a common makeup mishap. This usually happens as the result of long wear time, using the wrong products, or being in hot & humid environments. Since we all encounter this problem every once in a while, I thought it would be helpful to share my answer along with some of my favorite tips for keeping your liner in place.
To prevent smudging, smearing, streaking, and running, try the following:
- Before you apply your liner, first apply a primer.
- Opt for a liquid liner. Liquid liner usually stays on longer and won’t smudge and slide as much as a pencil.
- If you love a good pencil, I strongly suggest doing step 1 and waiting for the primer to set before applying.
- Use waterproof liner, not oil-based.
- Use a fixative spray to help set the makeup once complete.
Being such an eyeliner lover, I find these tricks are often KEY! I hope this helps. :D
What other eyeliner issues would you guys like solutions for?
Kisses from Italy!!