10 tips on how to get yourself to sleep. Sleep is so important for the mind and body, especially for us girls, we all need our beauty sleep. It's 5.14am right now here in England (I'm such a hypocrite). If you have any tips/products feel free to comment what your suggestions are and if you've tried any of the tips you've read here.
1. Sleep in a comfortable bed. (A firm mattress and pillow are best)
2. Make sure your bedroom is conducive to sleep. (Most people sleep best in a room that's a bit cooler than normally desired when awake)
3. Take a bath. (Think bubbles and candlelight)
4. Drink a glass of warm milk or a cup of herb tea. (Milk is rich in calcium and l-tryptophan, which help your body prepare for sleep)
5. Do a relaxation exercise. (Breathe deeply, listen to soothing music, or let your mind wander)
6. Do some light reading. (Choose a book you can easily pick up and put down)
7. Say good night to your worries and shut the bedroom door on them. (or write them down and close the book on them; whatever it takes)
8. Make sure your last hour before bed is as peaceful as possible (Skip scary movies and save intense conversations for a better time)
9. Allow yourself to sleep -- or stay awake, if your body so chooses. (In other words, don't try to force or control anything. You can't force sleep)
10. Get up after 30 minutes or so and do something you like or need to do. (If you can't sleep, you may as well be productive)
I hope these tips help, I may post again sometime in the future about products that have helped get me to sleep. Sweet Dreams!
This Site and third parties who place advertisements on this Site may collect and use information about your visits to this Site and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like to obtain more information about these advertising practices and to make choices about online behavioral advertising, please click here