Have you ever tried gel nail polish? Here are the step-by-step instructions you need to know when applying.
BEFORE WE START…
- Apply the Gelish® Cleanser onto a lint free wipe to clean the nails.
- Push back the cuticle and clean the surrounding nail.
- Shape the natural nail.
- Gently remove the shine on the natural nail with a cushion file.
NOW LET’S BEGIN!
- Apply Gelish® Cleanse on the clean lint free wipe to remove the dust and clean the nail. Follow with an application of the Gelish® pH Bond to the natural nail.
- Next, apply a thin coat of Gelish® Foundation Gel to the nail, then lightly stroke over the top and seal the edges of the nail.
- Place the fingers under the Mini Pro Light for 30 seconds, UV Lamp for 1 minute or an LED Light for 10 seconds. It is recommended that you cure 4 fingers separate from the thumbs. You can cure both thumbs at the same time.
TIP: Use the orange wood stick to clean up any excess Gelish® Foundation Gel from around the cuticle or under the nail.
- Using a clean lint free dry wipe, remove tacky surface with clean dry wipe. Do not use Gelish® Cleanse. A little pressure is necessary.
- Apply a THIN layer of the Gelish® Soak Off Gel Polish of choice cuticle to free edge. Be sure to seal the edges of the nail. Too thick of application will cause gel to not cure properly.
- Place fingers in the Mini Pro Light for 45 seconds, or any UV Lamp for 2 minutes or an LED Light for 30 seconds. The surface of the color will remain tacky once cured, this is normal.
- Repeat Step 5 & 6. The nail will not be completely cured until the application of the Gelish® Top It Off Sealer and the final cure and cleanse.
- Apply Gelish® Top It Off gel sealer from cuticle to free edge using a thin light application. Use the side of the brush to apply the Gelish® Top It Off on all the free edges of the natural nail to seal the edge.
- Place fingers in the Mini Pro Light for 45 seconds, or any UV Lamp for 2 minutes or an LED Light for 30 seconds.
- Your nails will be tacky after step 9, Apply Gelish® Cleanse on a clean lint free wipe to remove the tacky surface. This step will not remove the gel polish unless the nail is not properly cured. If the color comes off when removing the tacky surface, the nail did not properly cure. Remove all color with Gelish® Cleanser and re-start at Step 1.
- Apply Gelish® Nourish cuticle oil to the skin surrounding the nail to condition and revitalize.
What do you guys think about gel polish?