French women truly have the simple beauty approach down to a T, so I thought I’d fill you in on how to incorporate one of their secrets into your beauty and skincare routine: milk baths.
As I’ve mentioned before, milk is an extremely beneficial product for your skin. The fats and proteins hydrate the skin and allow it to retain moisture. Some researchers believe that it can help dry, damaged hair as well.
Putting milk in warm water will soothe irritated skin and promote relaxation. The lactic acid may also help remove dead skin cells, which will leave you supple and radiant.
Charlize Theron in the infamous milk bath scene from Snow White and the Hunstman
Here’s my guide to a DIY milk bath:
- 4 cups of whole milk
- 1 cup of Epsom, sea salt, or pre-packaged bath salts
- A capful of a bath oil (or several drops of an essential oil)
- Optional – honey, oats, seaweed, flower petals, herbs
- Once you have filled the bathtub with warm water, pour the milk in. Add the Epsom salt and gently stir.
- Add the bath or essential oil and gently stir one more time.
- Let all the ingredients soak together for about 15 minutes.
- Light a candle, then get in the bath, sit back, and relax.
- When you’re ready to get out, be sure to rinse with clean water to get any milky residue off of your body. You’ll be left feeling silky smooth and radiant!
What DIY beauty and skincare routines do you use? Tell me in the comments section!
Photo Source: Bestmoviesevernews.com