Last month, I posted my DIY Nail Hearts tutorial and have been in a nail art mood ever since. I asked all of you to share your own creations in the Nail Forum and you guys posted some amazing manicures! Here are few that are definitely worth checking out:
Filmstrip Nails by Stacey Castanha
Here’s how you can recreate these sweet filmstrip nails with hearts:
- Apply base coat and then white nail polish.
- Using the color of your choice and a tiny brush called a striper (an old eyeliner brush will work too), draw two parallel lines. Connect them with two vertical lines.
- Using a toothpick, draw tiny white dots across the horizontal lines. And voilà, you’ve got your filmstrips!
- Using a new toothpick and the color of your choice, dot on the hearts (or whatever shape or accent you prefer).
- Finish with your favorite top coat.
Glitter Gradient Nails by Its Happy Days
This manicure reminded me of spring And it’s basically mistake-proof because the glitter polish will cover any imperfections. Get the look in three easy steps:
- Apply a base coat.
- Use a small sponge to apply two colors of polish (keep reading for further instruction on this step!). Then apply a clear top coat to blend the colors together.
- Add a sheer coat of glitter on top to add some sparkle and conceal any less-than-perfect polish applications.
Pink Ombre Nails by Càssia Supercilius
This member posted an amazing photo that shows step-by-step how to create the perfect ombre nail color. So helpful!
Here are few more manicures that are definitely worth checking out:
Thank you to everyone who shared their nail art! I wish I could have featured everyone’s manicures. Keep sharing and I’ll do another round-up soon! If you haven’t checked out this forum thread yet, take a look here: Share Your Nail Art.
Here are some other threads in the Forum worth checking out:
What’s the craziest nail art you’ve ever attempted? How did it turn out? Tell me in the comments section!