Today I am recreating the sophisticated look of Catherine Zeta-Jones’ character, Cathleen Hostetler, from the new movie Broken City. As the wife of a politician, Cathleen Hostetler must look put together at all times. This look is simple enough for daytime wear and glamorous enough for evening out on the town. Watch my tutorial to find out how to create Cathleen Hostetler’s understated elegance:
To complete the look, you’re going to need some big, voluminous curls.
Look at that volume! Here’s what you’ll need:
- Start with your favorite volumizing shampoo and conditioner. But don’t go overboard on the conditioner – just use a little on the ends.
- While hair is still damp work in a golf ball-size amount of thickening mousse, from root to tip.
- After blow-drying, lift the hair at the crown of your head and spray root lifter, focusing on the hair closest to the scalp.
- Add curls using a large barrel curling iron, at least 1-1/2 inches.
- And finally, Lock your big volume curls in place with your favorite hairspray.
Will you try Cathleen Hostetler’s look? Let me know in the comments sections!
Photo Source: IMDb