Just because times of economic hardship call for thriftiness and penny-pinching doesn’t mean that we have to make any style sacrifices. That’s why I am so excited to introduce to you the newest blog series on MichellePhan.com: Recessionista Fashion. If something is fashionable and trendy but overpriced, I’ll show you how to do it yourself. All it takes is a little elbow grease and a whole lot of creativity! For the inaugural item in the Recessionista Fashion portfolio, I’m going to show you how to make your own chain bracelet.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Approximately 4 inches of gold chain
- Ribbon in the color of your choice (approximately 14 inches)
- A lighter or matches
Here’s how I made my DIY chain bracelet:
- Take the chain and the ribbon, and start to weave the ribbon through the loops in an under-over motion. Keep doing this until you reach the last loop.
- Slide the ribbon through so that there’s equal amounts on either end of the chain.
- Using a lighter or a match, burn the ends of the ribbon to prevent it from fraying.
- Tie the bracelet around your wrist in a bow formation (or a simple knot if you prefer that look).
Et voila! You’ve created your very own stylish chain bracelet.
What do you want to see next on Recessionista Fashion? Let me know in the comments section!