Whether it’s not always washing your face or not always washing your brushes, we are all guilty of a few bad beauty habits that we know we ought to break. What better time than the start of a new year?
Here is a list of the six bad beauty habits that I challenge everyone to break in 2012. And yes, I am guilty of some of the things on this list. (Hey, nobody’s perfect! We all need to try harder!)
1. NOT REMOVING MAKEUP. This one is pretty basic, but it still needs to be said. Taking off your makeup before you go to sleep at night is so important. When in doubt, reach for the extra virgin olive oil! Click here to learn how to make amazing DIY makeup remover.
2. NOT WEARING SUNSCREEN. Apply a sunscreen or moisturizer with SPF everyday to protect it from the sun. Your face (and health) will thank you later.
3. NOT DRINKING ENOUGH WATER. Soda does not count as water.
4. USING BAR SOAP TO WASH YOUR FACE. *Shudders*
5. USING MOISTURIZER ON THE EYES. Use EYE CREAM!
6. WEARING FOUNDATION THAT DOES NOT MATCH SKIN TONE. If you’re unsure about what foundation you ought to be using, try a couple out at a cosmetics counter and have one of the makeup artists help you to find a formula and color that accurately matches your skin’s tone and texture.
What are some of your bad beauty habits that you’d like to break? Are you guilty of any on this list?