Winter isn’t exactly the kindest season of the year when it comes to our skin. With all the shuffling back and forth between cold air outside and artificial heat inside, the skin gets drier and loses its luminosity. To keep that fresh, healthy glow going throughout the colder months, there are a few minor tweaks you can make to your skincare regimen.
- Look for body washes and lotions that contain oatmeal to soothe your skin and keep it hydrated. Try: St. Ives Oatmeal & Shea Butter Body Wash
- Exfoliation is still crucial in winter, but instead of using a grainy scrub, try products with glycolic acid. This will promote collagen production and can reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Try: Mario Badescu Glycolic Foaming Cleanser
- If your arms and legs are getting itchy and dry, use body oil in the shower and then apply moisturizer afterwards. Try: Neutrogena Body Oil Light Sesame Formula
- Don’t skimp on the eye cream, especially if the area tends to get dry in the winter. Try: Clarins Eye Contour Balm
- Continue to wear SPF every single day! Just because it’s cold doesn’t mean those UV rays aren’t penetrating your skin. Look for a richer formula to keep your skin fully hydrated. Try: La Roche-Posay Anthelios Face Melt-In Sunscreen Lotion
Do you have any go-to winter skincare tips? Share them in the comments section!
Photo Source: Squidoo