Everyone knows that exercise is good for your body – but did you know that exercising can also benefit you beauty-wise? Eating healthy is the first step, but adding in daily exercise can also boost your skin, hair and mouth health. Here are just a couple of the beauty benefits that come from working up a sweat….
- Ward off wrinkles: Cortisol is a stress-related hormone – too much cortisol can cause the collagen in your skin to break down, which results in wrinkles and sagging. Exercise can benefit collagen production and improve skin thickness (the thinner our skin, the more prone it is to fine lines.)
- Clear up Acne: Studies show that sebaceous glands, (which produce oil in your skin) can be influenced by stress hormones – exercise eases stress! Just make sure you are always cleansing your entire body and face right after your workout.
- Clean pores: Sweat is released through the pores when you exercise, and this can help clear them of dirt, trapped, oils, dead skin cells and bacteria. (Another way to clear out your pores? DIY pore strips!)
- Healthy smile: In one study, researchers found that people who exercised and had healthy eating habits were 40 percent less likely to develop gum disease. Who knew exercise could benefit your pearly whites??
- Stronger locks: The improved blood flow from exercising stimulates the hair follicles and promotes growth. The result? Stronger and healthier locks!
Above all else, staying active also helps boost your mood and confidence – both of which define beauty in my book
What other beauty benefits of exercise have you heard of? Share with me in the comments!