Summer has officially come to a close, and if you’ve been reading my blog you know that I’m breaking out all my cozy vests, sweaters and jackets to add some light layers to my look. With changes in the weather and Fashion Week snapshots from September to inspire us, October is a great month for experimenting with style. I already have my autumn beauty look ready to go, so now it’s time to make over my closet!
Here are 5 inspiring autumn looks I can’t wait to try this month…
1. Full Contrast. One thing I love about fall is the dramatic look of dark hues like burgundy, plum and emerald. Pairing them with an extreme neutral like white or cream really makes the color pop. I love how the tartan crops in this look tell us it’s fall while the pearl tones (and sunglasses!) ease the transition from summer.
2. Fit ‘N Flare. Dresses with tailored tops and shapely skirts are everywhere this season and I can see why. The extreme pleats and feminine silhouette in this dress give it a sultry edge that’s perfect for a month of bold choices.
3. The Great Outdoors. There are three things that truly call for flannel: camping, cold weather and a chic outfit This look never gets old—even if the shirt does—because it’s such a classic, cozy staple. Pair your favorite worn flannel with ripped jeans and a strappy heel like Happily Grey does for a perfectly dressed-down fall ensemble.
4. Take the Edge Off. This bold pairing is all over Pinterest and it’s sure to turn heads all season long. I love the idea of taking something as delicate and beautiful as lace or embroidery and channeling my rebellious side with a leather jacket or gold chain. If the edgy look is a little too dramatic for you, a feminine dress in a blush tone will soften it.
5. Pile on the Accessories. After you’ve finished adding the necessary layers, look to accessories to give your outfit a classy upgrade. Don’t be afraid to pile one the arm candy this month! When done properly like in the photo above, you’re left with an outfit that’s as chic as it is cozy.
What do you think of these fall looks? Tell me which one you will try this month below!