When matte lips first started trending, who could have guessed that the look would become a staple in so many beauty routines? A matte lip adds a surprising element to your visage, and it can dress up a casual outfit or make your dressier looks more bold. What’s more, a nude matte lip offers up a way to keep your makeup au naturel, without shying away from a little fun.
Want to get the look? Here’s how it’s done!
1. The first step, and sometimes the most fun step, to any makeover is of course, choosing product. While face makeup is notoriously difficult to find in the ideal nude shade, with lip color, you have a lot more options. ColourPop’s Ultra Matte Lip comes in tons of shades, and there are even several neutrals and nudes. bareMinerals Gen Nude Matte Liquid Lipstick comes in 14 lightweight shade. Lastly, NARS Velvet Matte lip pencil can do no wrong.
2. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, if you want fresh, long lasting color… You must exfoliate! If you haven’t ventured into the world of lip scrubs yet, indulge in a delicious “flavor” like sparkling pink grapefruit.
3. Next up in the lip color prep, it’s time to moisturize. Lip balm will help seal in that smooth finish. Jouer has a lip conditioner that will do the trick.
4. Choose a lip liner that matches your natural lip color. Anything too dark will show up, especially on a nude.
5. Fill in those lips with your product of choice! Try using a lip brush for easier and more accurate application.
6. When finished, give it a little blot and a dusting of translucent powder to set it for the day.
All set! Have you donned a nude matte lip before?