Serums and facial oils are frequently suggested as beauty musts, and for good reason. Incorporating an effective facial oil into your daily routine will hydrate and nourish your skin with antioxidants and vitamins. Argan oil – and other beauty routine-worthy extracts – can work wonders on your skin, but there is one form of oil that we rarely discuss: dry oil.
Dry oil may seem like a misnomer, but don’t let the name confuse you. Dry simply refers to its lightweight formula and speedy absorption. This soothing oil possesses all of the benefits as other facial oils and works on all skin types (sensitive and oily skin subbies, rejoice). The difference is that dry oil will leave you with a satin, non-greasy finish, so you can apply an oil in the morning before your makeup without worrying that you’re perpetuating a shiny face.
Since it’s important to always education yourself when it comes to beauty and skin care, here are a few other key things to know about dry oil.
- Dry oil can be derived from many sources, but is commonly extracted from botanicals and olives.
- Dry oils help prevent against sun damage and uneven skin-tone. They also increase skin elasticity (say goodbye to premature signs of aging).
- The ingredient that gives it that almost matte, silky smooth finish is cyclomethicone, an unmodified silicon that adheres to the skin and helps the oil penetrate the epidermis.
- A form of dry oil is Squalane oil. Squalane is a refined form of squalene, which can be found in small amounts in our own sebum.
- You can apply dry oils on your face, skin, and even on your hair to lock in moisture.
- Dry oils are much more common than you think. Some of my favorite recommendations are below.
Indie Lee Squalane Facial Oil, Peter Thomas Roth Oilless Oil 100 Percent Purified Squalane, Fresh Rice Dry Oil, Kiehl’s Superbly Restorative Dry Oil, The Body Shop Honey Bronze Shimmering Dry Oil, Boots No7 Pamper Dry Body Oil Spray.
Have you used a dry oil? Share your experience in the comments below.
Warning: file_get_contents(): php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known in /home/customer/www/michellephan.com/public_html/content/themes/michellephan2014/functions/sharecounts.php on line 22
Warning: file_get_contents(http://urls.api.twitter.com/1/urls/count.json?url=https://michellephan.com/skincare-spotlight-dry-oil/): failed to open stream: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known in /home/customer/www/michellephan.com/public_html/content/themes/michellephan2014/functions/sharecounts.php on line 22
Warning: file_get_contents(http://graph.facebook.com/?ids=https://michellephan.com/skincare-spotlight-dry-oil/): failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request in /home/customer/www/michellephan.com/public_html/content/themes/michellephan2014/functions/sharecounts.php on line 42